Summer vacation is here! Here is a list of activities to do in and around the South County Area that are totally FREE!
- The Anne Arundel County Library is hosting Summer @ Your Library Scavenger Hunt. Search your local library for clues and decode the message to win a prize!
Go to https://www.aacpl.net/summer/challenge for more information.
2. North Beach, MD hosts free movies on the beach this summer. Bring a chair or just your blanket and relax while you watch a family friendly movie with the kiddos.
This season’s line-up includes:
- June 15: Bumblebee
- July 20: Ralph Breaks the Internet
- August 17: The Incredibles 2
- September 21: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom (Drive-In Movie)
Go to https://www.northbeachmd.org/special-events/pages/movies-beach for more information.
3. If you are heading to the Eastern Shore of Maryland, be sure to check out the Salisbury Zoo. Parking and entry are free for everyone. Check out the event calendar so you don’t miss out on all the specials! This one is a little far but def worth the stop if you are in the area! https://salisburyzoo.org/
4. Baltimore offers several free museums including the Baltimore Museum of Art, Walters Art Museum. The Maryland Institute College of Art and the Fort McHenry National Monument Visit https://baltimore.org/ for more information.
5. If Baltimore is too far, check out the free admission at the Annapolis Maritime Museum in Annapolis and learn all about oysters and other critters! https://amaritime.org/. Be sure to check the events calendar. There may be a charge on days there is a special event.
6. The Beverly Triton Nature Park in Edgewater offers fishing spots a picnic area and approximately 5 miles of nature trails. They are open 7 days a week from 7a.m. to dusk. More information is available at https://www.aacounty.org/locations-and-directions/beverly-triton-beach-park
7. Friendship Park in Glen Burnie offers a free playground. Pack a lunch and go watch the planes fly into BWI.
8. Several churches offer free bible schools in the area. Some of the ones already announced include:
- Riva Trace- July 8-12
- Joy Reigns Edgewater – August 19-23
- Our Lady of Sorrows- August 5-9
- Downtown Hope- July 15-17
- Chesapeake Christian Fellowship- July 8-12
- South County Community Church- June 16-21
- Annapolis Lutheran in Edgewater- July 22-26
- Calvary Community Church on Riva Road- July 8-11